Thu, Feb 11|
Troopers Town Hall: For members of 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
A Town Hall will be held for anyone that marched in the years 2016-2019, allowing for the opportunity to be heard and understood by the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Corps Director, and Development Director using specific techniques to promote deep listening, summarizing, and resolution.
Time & Location
Feb 11, 2021, 6:00 PM MST
About the Event
Welcome to registration for the Trooper Town Hall. This Town Hall is for members and past members who marched 2016-2019 and is for voicing your concerns and challenges to members of the Trooper Board of Directors and the newly formed Task Force for the Member Relations Committee. Careful attention will be given to assuring that what you have to say is heard and understood as you intend for it to be. Members and past members are welcome to share about mistreatment, grievances, and any other painful or disappointing experiences such as diet and well-being during these specific years. No legal matters will be discussed and specific Town Hall Rules will be adhered to in order to maintain and promote a positive and healing environment.
The three facilitators for the Town Hall are Kelly Smith, The President of the TAAC, Sue Masterson, Troopers Development Director, and Shawn Mulligan, Trooper Alumni Association Committee Member, and trained in mediation and conflict resolution.GOALS
- Members and past members will feel they have been heard completely with deep listening and empathy for their experience.
- Members and past members will feel more at peace and healed.
- Members and past members will feel more confident that Troopers are making actionable changes to its culture and environment because they have been heard and understood.
- The Troopers organization will gain greater insight into the needs and experiences of members and past members in order to inform necessary change to the culture and environment.
- Each member or past member has a total of 3 minutes.
- Member or past member speaks for 2 minutes.
- Shawn clarifies what the member or past member has expressed and the member or past member clarifies Shawn’s understanding for the remaining 1 minute.
- Sue writes the expression on newsprint and creates themes during the Town Hall.
- Kelly reads the room and keeps the conversation within the Ground Rules.
- The Town Hall will be recorded so can review for purposes of understanding.
It is an honor to create this listening space for you and we are humbled and grateful for all that we may realize together in building a stronger and more aware organization that wholeheartedly values the experiences of its members.
- No name-calling.
- Address the issue and not the person.
- Use “I” statements instead of “you” or “they” statements.
Example: “When there are not enough breaks, I become exhausted and cannot bring my best self to rehearsal.” vs. “You don’t provide enough time for breaks”
- Questions can be asked for the purpose of gaining clarity and not for attacking.
- This arena isn’t created for whistleblowing or discussing anything legal. Please seek the whistleblowing avenue immediately if needed.
- Mike Gough mutes everyone but the speaker, Shawn, Kelly, and Sue
- Town Hall will run for 2 hours.
- Ticket type
Troopers Town Hall
This Town Hall will be held for anyone that marched in the years 2016-2019, to everyone the opportunity to be heard and understood by the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Corps Director, and Development Director using specific techniques to promote deep listening, summarizing, and resolution.Price$0.00